[Users] Running tasks in a cluster

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 12:09:59 UTC 2012

On 07/27/2012 01:26 PM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:
> On 07/27/2012 09:35 AM, ?????? wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Got a situation is shown on the screenshot (in an attachment).
>>
>> How do I know what tasks are carried out and remove them?
>>
>> Using ovirt 3.1
>
> Hi,
>
> Engine-wise:
>
> You can check the tasks tab and see what tasks are still running.
> If you want you can also check at
> You can perform on psql the following:
>
> select * from async_tasks join async_tasks_entities on
> async_tasks.task_id = async_tasks_entities.async_task_id join
> storage_domain_static on storage_domain_static.id =
> async_tasks_entities.entity_id where storage_domain_static.storage_name
> = 'your_desired_storage_name';

I apologize , I did not see that UI marks that you have no running tasks.
I checked the code of DeactiveStorageDomainCommand.

It gets the tasks that are associated with the given storage domainID,
using the pgsql function - GetAsyncTasksByEntityId

can you please check using psql what are the associated tasks ?
You can do that by runnig -

select id from storage_domain_static where storage_name =
'your_desired_store_name';
select * from GetAsyncTasksByEntityId('your_storage_domain_id'); (1)

please also perform select * from async_tasks (this table represents
tasks running at VDSM)

Once tasks are completed you should be able to see there are no results
for the call provided at (1) and same goes for (2) if there are no other
tasks (not for this storage domain) running in the system