[Users] Why is the interface change after host install?

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 22:18:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 17:04, Li, David <LiD at cloudshield.com> wrote:

> Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> After installing a host on the engine,  my original interface on the host
> node changed from ‘breth0’ to ‘ovirtmgmt’.  I can kind of guess why this
> happened. But then the question is what if I had an default route through
> the breth0 and now is gone? In other words, installing a host can screw up
> the networking on the node.  I can always manually add the new default
> route back but is not a desired solution. How do I get around this problem?
> ****

rhevm/ovirt wants the bridge named they way they want it named (i don't
know the reason actual).  I'm not 100% sure on ovirt, but with rhevm they
only want you using that interface for the management of the systems.
However with that name I'd assume that is the case.  Unfortunately, IMO
your best fix is to install the host with ovirtmgmt as the name instead of
breth0.

-greg