[Users] Related to extend disk size of existing virtual machine !

Romil Gupta romilgupta19 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 06:19:25 UTC 2012

Hello,

To add a disk to VM we use the following :

api.vms.get(VM_NAME).disks.add(params.Disk(storage_domains=params.StorageDomains(storage_domain=[api.storagedomains.get(STORAGE_NAME)]),
                                                   size=512*MB,
                                                   # type_='system', -
disk type is deprecated
                                                   status=None,
                                                   interface='virtio',
                                                   format='cow',
                                                   sparse=True,
                                                   bootable=True))

but the type_ attribute is deprecated , so I got the following exception :

Failed to add disk

status: 400
reason: Bad Request
detail: Cannot add Virtual Machine Disk. Disk 1 already marked as system

Now , if I try giving disk_type='Data' on GUI of RHEVM  then it will be
added to VM.

I want to know from which ovirt-sdk version you have deprecated attribute
disk_type ?

I am currently using  ovirt-engine-sdk-3.1.0.3-1.el6.noarch.rpm  and I
didn't find type_ attribute using this rpm !

How I can extend the disk size of a existing VM in RHEVM ?

Help me !

Regards ,
Romil Gupta