[Users] Migrate KVM to Ovirt

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sun Oct 14 22:31:23 UTC 2012

On 10/14/2012 07:06 PM, EricD wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I have a infrastructure of 2 Ubuntu servers that hosts kvm guest.
>
> I want to implement Ovirt, I'm wondering what is the best way to migrate
> the existing KVM Guest from my Ubuntu server to Ovirt.
>
> Can i rsync the .img and the xml to Ovirt ?
> virt-v2v ?
>
> I want a mention that I have a VM of 800GB would it be to large for
> Ovirt or to convert ?

shouldn't be an issue.
main change is we still don't (yet) have a working ubuntu host support,
so fedora or .el6 are needed for now.
is the VM on shared or local storage?
since it from/to kvm, you may be able to avoid copying/v2v it, rather
just create a new VM in ovirt of same size and copy the storage over it
(easiest with local storage or nfs shared storage)