[Users] Solaris 11.1 ISO panic on boot

Blaster blaster at 556nato.com
Tue Dec 17 04:38:08 UTC 2013

On Dec 16, 2013, at 4:47 AM, René Koch <r.koch at ovido.at> wrote:

> I suggest to use the following settings for your Solaris guest:
> * Operating System: Other
> * nic1: rtl8139
> * Disk1: IDE
>
> Booting from the DVD ISO works fine for Sol 10 and 11 with these settings.

I just tried that, with booting both the Solaris 11.1 txt installer and the 11.1 Live media ISOs.  Can you try one of those in on your system and see if they boot?

I wonder if something changed with 11.1?

I think someone mentioned trying to boot with Virt Manager..Is it OK to mix virtmanager and ovirt guests on the same system?