[Users] VM Export and import problem

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 21 20:47:44 UTC 2013

Muli Salem wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is indeed the current behavior.
> The issue will be solved in the near future, and the new behavior will allow importing the VM, while unplugging the specific network interface.

What would be real nice is a selection dialog window for mac addresses
from a pool(manager)
I have an 'old' xen virtualisation solution running which has quite a
few features that I would like to see in oVirt, mac address pool manager
is one of them.

> In the mean time, you can set the "AllowDuplicateMacAddresses" flag to true (either using the engine-config tool, or directly in the DB in table vdc_options).
> Obviously, having two network interfaces with the same MAC address is highly unrecommended.

Understood, use clone to circumvent this problem, only need to remove
/etc/udev/rules.d/xx-net.rules and then the network will come up.

Joop
--
irc: jvandewege