[Users] host deploy and after reboot not responsive

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:01:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Alon Bar-Lev  wrote:
> And what if I add my own alternative to my system? then I need to manually fix all services... as the authors of these were not aware of the new service I introduce.
>
> It is systemd I don't like...

if it can be of any help, it seems that others occurred in similar problems.
On freeipa-devel mailing list november 2012
http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2012-November/msg00198.html

and in particular its final progression (around December ;-):
http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2012-December/msg00088.html

The approach installing oVirt hosts could be similar...

There the point was also distinguishing between FreeIPA server and
client and the conclusion was:
"
During server installation, user is warned when running conflicting time
service. Installation then enforces ntpd configuration.

During client installation, user is also warned, but continuing in installation
omits ntpd configuration instead. But user can use --force-ntpd to force ntpd
configuration.
"

We can follow the server side for oVirt node

Gianluca