[Users] VM Pausing with Storage IO errors

Jason Lawer akula at thegeekhood.net
Tue Jun 25 13:40:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a ovirt 3.2.1 system that has a single VM which pauses soon after
launch with the message "VM has been paused due to storage IO error".
When it first occured it mentioned an issue with no storage. This is
weird as it says I have over half of my 4TB iscsi pool free. I have
checked the SAN, hosts and engine logs. I haven't been able to find
anything that indicates the cause.

Is anyone able to at least point me in the direction I should look further?

Details :

3x Dell R720 VM Nodes (Dual Proc Sandy bridge Xeon, 96gb ram, boot from
SAN)

Dell MD 3220i iSCSI storage array

Hosts are runing
   CentOS 6.4
    VDSM : vdsm-4.10.3-0.36.23.el6
    libvirt : libvirt-0.10.2-18.el6_4.8
    kernel : 2.6.32 - 358.11.1.el6.x86_64
    kvm : 0.12.1.2 - 2.355.el6.5

Engine is :  oVirt Engine Version: 3.2.2-1.1.43.el6