[Users] Behavior when putting SPM node into mainenance

Dafna Ron dron at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 14:01:21 UTC 2013

when you put the spm host into maintenance the spm role is moved to the
second host.

this means that f18ovn01 host is now the SPM

2013-Mar-19, 14:47
Storage Pool Manager runs on Host f18ovn01 (Address: 10.4.4.58).

when we move the spm role, for a few seconds, there is no spm -> hence the status change

2013-Mar-19, 14:47
Invalid status on Data Center Default. Setting status to Non-Responsive.

On 03/19/2013 03:56 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello 3.2 oVirt cluster based on f18 nodes
> One node is SPM (f18ovn03)
> I put the other node (f18ovn01) into maintenance and stop vdsmd and
> update, so that I take it to 3.2.1 (engine already updated and
> restarted before)
> It correctly joins the cluster and I live migrate my 5 VM to it:
> fedora 18
> w7
> 2 x centos 5.6
> slackware 32bit
> I then put into maintenance the SPM node that doesn't have any VM.
> I stop vdsmd on it and update packages
>
> I see these messages in the gui, because I think the surviving node
> takes some time to become the SPM now.
> Apparently no problems at my side. Are these messages expected?
> Or did I have to make anything before putting the SPM node into
> maintenance (something like elect the other one as SPM if it
> exist...)?
>
> Any operational test to prove correct SPM role now for f18ovn01
> ?
> Thanks Gianluca
>
> 2013-Mar-19, 14:47
> Storage Pool Manager runs on Host f18ovn01 (Address: 10.4.4.58).
>
> 2013-Mar-19, 14:47
> Storage Pool Manager runs on Host f18ovn01 (Address: 10.4.4.58).
>
> 2013-Mar-19, 14:47
> Invalid status on Data Center Default. Setting status to Non-Responsive.
>
> 2013-Mar-19, 14:47
> Host f18ovn03 was switched to Maintenance mode by admin at internal.

Dafna Ron