[Users] Vlan interface on top of bonding

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Wed May 15 16:42:18 UTC 2013

Hi Lior

I did managed to get the mgmt network tagged so now I can use the same
interface for several networks. The thing now is that I also have two
networks I use for iscsi that I'd like to be able to use in the same
interface (not the mgmt one) in one of the hosts, but as this networks
are in vlan1 untagged, I can't share the same interface. One of the
things to try was marking the network as not VM (to see if I can share
the interface in that scenario as suggested before), but I can't get the
networks to be not-vm.
What I'm doing as a work arround is to have the networks in a tagged
vlan, but again, I can't have two networks in the same vlan :-(, thus,
I'll have to configure two different vlans in my switchers just to be
able to share the interface.
This is not the greatest scenario as network layer tools in linux give
all the needed options, but ovirt seems not to be able to use them yet.
I was evaluating Proxmox prior to move to ovirt and they had this quite
well implemented, I was able to do everything I needed with the network
like with XEN (my actual virt platform) but cluster was not that easy to
get going and I moved. Nothing is perfect :-)
Anyway, I'll keep an eye on ovirt evolution to see if this gets better
before I move to production.
Thank you all for your help, any ideas are always welcome.
Regards,