[ovirt-users] REST-API connection limit / SSL read timeout? (was: Failure to connect to engine with Nagios)

René Koch rkoch at linuxland.at
Mon Apr 28 12:01:24 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I use Perl (LWP::UserAgent, HTTP:::Request) to connect to oVirt REST-API
and fetch data with my Nagios plugin. 2 users complained now that my
plugin stops working for their monitoring user (IPA backend).

It worked fine with their monitoring at ipa user a few weeks and suddenly
it stopped working. If using another user (another IPA user or
admin at internal) it's fine.

Here's the response from oVirt engine (JBoss) for this user:

* Header:
Client-Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 14:19:31 GMT
Client-Warning: Internal response

* Content (the default timeout is 15 seconds):
500 SSL read timeout:

User permissions are fine, btw.

Does anyone know if there's a connection limit to REST-API on a user
base? Or can anyone give me a hint how to troubleshoot this issue (I
can't reproduce this behavior in my environment btw).

Thanks a lot,
René