[ovirt-users] info about ovirtmgmt bridge config in master

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Aug 15 10:30:53 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:28:58AM +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm configuring an all-in-one environment in a Qemu-KVM VM with CentOS 6.5
> using nested virtualization.
> All seems ok except the hypervisor part that goes in timeout during setup
> and after reboot remains in "Unassigned" state.
>
> I notice that under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory I don't have
> the ifcfg-ovirtmgmt file but only the old ifcfg-eth0 and in fact I only
> have bridge
>
> [root at ovirtita ~]# brctl show
> bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
> ;vdsmdummy; 8000.000000000000 no
>
> Ha anything changed for master and ovirtmgmt network or does this mean that
> during setup something has gone wrong and that I can try to manually create
> ovirtmgmt bridge config...?
>
> If this can interfer, in my case I don't have dns set up but only entry in
> /etc/hosts.
> With previous versions and this one I got a warning but previously this
> didn't compromise hypervisor part in all-in-one environments..
>
> engine-setup log
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvQVRyZXFqdFpCbnM/edit?usp=sharing
>
> host deploy (on itself) part:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvLXhlMl9qcWhqTlU/edit?usp=sharing

ifcfg-ovirtmgmt network should be found on disk after a successful
installation of a host. However, if network configuration phase fails,
ifcfg files should be reverted to their original values.

Could you see your super/vdsm.log if that is the case?
Could you explain when did "hypervisor part goes in timeout". Can you
correlate this to something in vdsm.log?

Dan.