[ovirt-users] Unable to reinstall hosts after network removal.

Arman Khalatyan arm2arm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:21:26 UTC 2014

Ok I found the conflict. The ip rule list  does not have any record on IB0
interface, all other networks are updated correctly but not IB one.
Probably this is not a good idea to have an ISCSI storage devices with the
same interface as VM network.
the network update operation trying to put interface up and down in that
point all iscsi devices going to IO/failure this stops to update IB
interface data.

Maybe one need to put whole cluster to maintenance mode in order to change
Storage dependent network setup?

this is the main trouble which prevents to fix/change any network setup on
IB0 interface.
tail -f  /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/hsm.py", line 2430, in connectStorageServer
    conObj.connect()
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/storageServer.py", line 367, in connect
    iscsi.addIscsiNode(self._iface, self._target, self._cred)
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/iscsi.py", line 164, in addIscsiNode
    iscsiadm.node_login(iface.name, portalStr, target.iqn)
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/iscsiadm.py", line 295, in node_login
    raise IscsiNodeError(rc, out, err)
IscsiNodeError: (8, ['Logging in to [iface: default, target:
iqn.2003-01.org.linux-iscsi.data01.x8664:sn.f5c9b017e103, portal:
10.10.10.31,3260] (multiple)'], ['iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface:
default, target: iqn.2003-01.org.linux-iscsi.data01.x8664:sn.f5c9b017e103,
portal: 10.10.10.31,3260].', 'iscsiadm: initiator reported error (8 -
connection timed out)', 'iscsiadm: Could not log into all portals'])

PS
"save network configuration"  is always checked.

Dr. Arman Khalatyan eScience -SuperComputing Leibniz-Institut für
Astrophysik Potsdam (AIP) An der Sternwarte 16, 14482 Potsdam, Germany