[Users] Very bad write performance in VM (ovirt 3.3.3)

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 17:10:57 UTC 2014

On 02/09/2014 11:08 PM, ml ml wrote:
> Yes, the only thing which brings the wirte I/O almost on my Host Level
> is by enabling viodiskcache = writeback.
> As far as i can tell this is caching enabled for the guest and the host
> which is critical if sudden power loss happens.
> Can  i turn this is on if i have a BBU in my Host System?

I was referring to the set of gluster volume tunables in [1]. These
options can be enabled through "volume set" interface in gluster CLI.

The quorum options are used for providing tolerance against split-brains
and the remaining ones are recommended normally for performance.

-Vijay

[1]
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/extras/group-virt.example