[Users] How to Modify Network with Hosted Engine

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 05:49:27 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

> My mistake, it seems I'm able to modify other networks but trying to modify
> ovirtmgmt or having an unsync'd ovirtmgmt will prevent any changes.

Well the VDSM complains because the ovirtmgmt is used by oVirt engine itself and it doesn't want to change it under the engine's feet.

> I manually modified ovirtmgmt in the ifcfg file and just restarted the engine
> service instead.

Yes that would probably work fine, but for hosted engine it seems to me like a nuisance to have to do this manually and would expect VDSM to better handle it.
Perhaps it's worth opening a bug to VDSM with the log that you have from the host?