[Users] Hosted-engine runtime issues (3.4 BETA)

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Sun Jan 26 20:52:45 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 10:40:18PM +0200, Itamar Heim wrote:
> > thanks for the pointer. The documentation at [1] describes the
> > required steps to setup a second node. Unfortunately it failed
> > for me because my second node was added to the cluster before [2].
>
> why would both your hosts have the same uuid?

Both hosts have different UUIDs. The second node was already
part of the cluster when I ran hosted-engine-setup... these
are the steps I took to trigger this error:

1. ran `hosted-engine --deploy` on a new RHEL6 host (node1)
2. manually added a second node through webadmin (node2)
3. ran `hosted-engine --deploy` on node2 to add a second hosted-engine VM

> > Even manual setting the second node to "maintenance" and back
> > to state "up" didn't help, hosted-engine-setup as unable to
> > detect the host's state [3].
>
> you opened or made sure there is a bug for this i hope?

Not yet, because I thought it might not be supported to run
`hosted-engine --deploy` on a node where vdsmd is already running
and the node is already part of a oVirt cluster.

Regards
- Frank