[ovirt-users] Network setup

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 09:52:09 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jul 05, 2014 at 03:05:51AM +0000, Dwight Schauer wrote:
> Hello oVirt users,
>
> I'm  running into network setup problems.
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Vdsm_Network
>
> Shows this as a supported topology.
>
> bridge1 --- v1 --- bond --- nic1
> bridge2 --- v2 --/      \-- nic2
>
> Problem is I have to configure at least this on each host in order to the connect to an activate:
>
> v1 --- bond --- nic1
>               \-- nic2
>
> Which oVirt does not like because I already created the bond and attached a vlan interface to it.

What do you mean by "not like"? If v1 has an IP address attached to it,
you should be able to add this host to an oVirt cluster.

Once the host is added, you can use the GUI to seup more stuff on your host.

> So I configured this ahead of time (without vdsm)
>
> bridge1 --- v1 --- bond --- nic1
> bridge2 --- v2 --/      \-- nic2
>
> Those work fine. I can use each bridge statically or with DHCP.
>
> Problem is that oVirt refuses to use the bridge interfaces (they don't show up in the web gui), it only wants to use the bond interface.

I would not recommend this, but you could define a libvirt network per
bridge to make it show in the web gui:
    <network>
      <name>vdsm-bridge1</name>
      <forward mode='bridge'/>