[ovirt-users] 64 bits oVirtGuestAgent.exe at 99% CPU

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 06:46:37 UTC 2014

On 07/10/2014 03:52 PM, Angel Docampo wrote:
> I also already used the ovirt windows guest tools iso. I did installed
> a brand new windows 7 and installed the ovirt windows guest tools via
> iso, but when we started our kvm virtual machine adding this parameter:
>
> -chardev
> socket,id=ovirtagent,path=/tmp/104.com.redhat.vdsm,server,nowait
> -device virtio-serial-pci,id=virtio-serial0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7 -device
> virtserialport,chardev=ovirtagent,name=com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm,bus=virtio-serial0.0,id=port1

This is how ours would look like:

-chardev
socket,id=charchannel0,path=/tmp/104.com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm,server,nowait
-device
virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,*nr=1,*chardev=charchannel0,id=channel0,name=com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm
-device virtio-serial-pci,id=virtio-serial0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x6

Notice how the 'nr=1' seems to be missing from yours, not sure though
that this is the reason but might be.

> was when the CPU fired to 100% (1CPU) or 50% (2CPUs) Perhaps we put
> something wrong on that...
>
> If you set those parameters, you vCPU is not fired to 50% or 100%?
>

> El jue 10 jul 2014 15:46:17 CEST, Vinzenz Feenstra escribió:
>> On 07/10/2014 03:24 PM, Angel Docampo wrote:
>>> Of course, Vinzenz
>>>
>>> The VM is a Windows 7 (I've tried both 32 and 64 bits, same result).
>>> The C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rhev-agent log says:
>>>
>>> Dummy-1::INFO::2014-07-10
>>> 14:35:57,417::OVirtGuestService::80::root::Starting OVirt Guest Agent

See how it works at redhat.com