[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.5 test day 2 results: foreman advanced integration feature

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 08:49:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

In the second ovirt test day I've retested the foreman advanced integration.
Using the instructions on the wiki page I was able to test part of the feature:
* Adding foreman provider and test connectivity with certificates import
* Present discovered hosts by foreman
* Present provisioned hosts by foreman
* Add discovered hosts by foreman (reached to "Installing OS" phase only due to
environmental issues).

Since the host provisioning wasn't completed, I haven't reach to test the foreman-->ovirt
connectivity which should have trigger the host installation.

I've filed a couple of bugs which I encountered during the testing:
Bug 1124870 - Provision of a host without compute resources fails with NPE
Bug 1124878 - "Set Root password" text label is not aligned with its caption
Bug 1124891 - [oVirt][Foreman] Root password length should be validated
Bug 1124887 - [RFE][oVirt][Foreman] Improve error messages when action fails on foreman server

In addition I've updated the feature page which missed a required package to be installed
on the foreman server.

Regards,
Moti