[ovirt-users] oVirt and VDSM isolatedprivatevlan hook

Matjaž Črnko matjaz.crnko at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 12:02:37 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to prevent the users/administrators of our virtual
machines to change their ip.
One of the interesting solutions I stumbled upon is the isolatedprivatevlan
hook[1]

I installed the hook via yum, added the Custom VM Setting
("UserDefinedVMProperties=isolatedprivatevlan=^([0-9A-Fa-f]{2}[:-]){5}([0-9A-Fa-f]{2}),(?:[0-9]{1,3}\.){3}[0-9]{1,3}$"),
that I'm not sure if it's correct as it was written up quickly.

Now when I set the custom setting via the panel and try to start the VM I
get the following error:
"VM TestVM is down. Exit message: XML error: Invalid specification of
multiple <filterref>s in a single <interface>."  If I read the wiki[1]
correcty the <interface> should have multiple <filterrefs> when this hook
is activated. So I'm wondering if the hook is simply out of date/not
working or am I missing something else?

I'm running oVirt 3.4.2-1.el6 on CentOS 6 (everything up to date).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, (including other ways of preventing
the VM ip changes from users)
Črnko

[1] - http://www.ovirt.org/VDSM-Hooks/isolatedprivatevlan