[Users] ovf image for hosted engine

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 11:05:50 UTC 2014

Il 11/03/2014 05:22, Jason Brooks ha scritto:
> Hey all,
>
> The hosted engine may be installed from pxe, cdrom or disk. The disk format
> must be an OVF image, right?

Right

> Any suggestions on how to create an ovf image? Poking around, I see mentions
> of tools to convert from ovf, but not to ovf, at least not within the
> KVM/libvirt world.
>
> I know that this format is used within oVirt, but I don't understand how to
> go from the *.ovf file in the export domain + the disk image file or files
> to a single disk image.

Easiest way may be:
- prepare an empty export domain
- prepare a VM in a running oVirt system
- export the VM to the export domain
- create the OVF by tar gzipping the export as described in man engine-image-uploader

> Do these have to be zipped together? Is there some utility for that, or
> guidance on how it comes together?

take a look at engine-image-uploader man page on how the tar.gz must be.
AFAIK there's any available tool for that, maybe you can open an RFE about it.