[ovirt-users] My presentation and first question - RAM limit 64000MB

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue May 13 16:40:30 UTC 2014

fagner.patricio at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hello Everybody
>>>
>>> My name is Fagner Patrício and i am new in the list, I am from Brazil
and I am a network admin of a public institution of my state.

>>> I have a first question, a few months ago i installed a oVirt
enviroment and so far so good, but last week we received a big data
application with big RAM needs, about 96GB. So i created a virtual machine
with this RAM configuration, but when a start, it report a error, that my
limit o RAM per machine is between 1024MB and 64000MB.

>>> How can i change this limits?
>>>
>>> My oVirt is version 3.3 of compatibility.
>>>

>> Possibly stupid question: how much physical ram do you have on your
oVirt Hypervisor?

>> Gianluca
>

> --
> Fagner Patrício
> João Pessoa - PB
> Brasil

Could it be that for some reason the guest is configured as 32bit?
Because in that case the limit should be indeed 64gb if guest is
supporting pae, otherwise probably 4gb.
How did you configure your guest os?