[ovirt-users] Hosted-Engine

Sandvik Agustin agustinsandvik at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 02:54:32 UTC 2014

Hi users,

I'm installing ovirt with hosted engine following this documentation
http://community.redhat.com/blog/2014/03/up-and-running-with-ovirt-3-4/

I've successfully created the vm that will host the engine, but at the end
of the installer, I have this kind of error message

(1, 2, 3)[1]:
[ INFO  ] Engine replied: DB Up!Welcome to Health Status!
          Enter the name of the cluster to which you want to add the host
(Default) [Default]:
[ INFO  ] Waiting for the host to become operational in the engine. This
may take several minutes...
[ ERROR ] The VDSM host was found in a failed state. Please check engine
and bootstrap installation logs.
[ ERROR ] Unable to add hosted_engine_1 to the manager
          Please shutdown the VM allowing the system to launch it as a
monitored service.
          The system will wait until the VM is down.

then I manage to shutdown the vm that hosting the engine, then I get this
message

 Enabling and starting HA services
          Hosted Engine successfully set up
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file '/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answers.conf'
[ INFO  ] Answer file '/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answers.conf' has been
updated
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination

Hope you can help me,