[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] [RFC] oVirt mobile client

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 06:03:58 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

+100

Sorry for the ignorant question - does this mean the technology will be web based or native? (i.e - java on top of android, Swift/Objective-C on top of IOS)

> I see that there are some already existing mobile clients for oVirt.
> I'm trying to grasp what we have and what the needs are.
>
> moVirt: https://github.com/matobet/moVirt (mbetak)
> This appears to be more of a lightweight webadmin. No console access,
> but I believe it's planned as part of OPW. (?)

I spoke with mbetak about this a few months ago.
When you speak of console, you mean to actually view the VM using spice? sounds very interesting.
If I recall, Alon levy (a former red hatter) worked on some spice implementation for html5 or something like that.

Anyway, back in TLV I also had some ideas around that. Do you have some IRC meetings or something that I can join?

Cheers,
Yair