[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.5.2 Hypervisor crash, guest VMs not migrating

Ron V ronvach at abacom.com
Fri Apr 17 00:01:38 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am testing guest VM migration in the event of a host crash, and I am
surprised to see that guests that are selected to be highly available do
not migrate when a host is forcibly turned off.

I have a 2 host cluster using iSCSI for storage, and when one of the
hosts, either the SPM or normal, is forcibly turned off, although the
engine sees the host as non-responsive, the VMs that were running on it
remain on that crashed host, and a question mark (?) appears next to
them.  Other than checking "highly available", is there another step
that needs to be made for a VM to be restarted on a working host should
the host it is running on fail?

Thanks,

R.