[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.5.2 Hypervisor crash, guest VMs not migrating

Ernest Beinrohr Ernest.Beinrohr at axonpro.sk
Fri Apr 17 05:29:58 UTC 2015

Dňa 17.04.2015 o 02:01 Ron V napísal(a):
> Hello,
>
> I am testing guest VM migration in the event of a host crash, and I am
> surprised to see that guests that are selected to be highly available
> do not migrate when a host is forcibly turned off.
>
> I have a 2 host cluster using iSCSI for storage, and when one of the
> hosts, either the SPM or normal, is forcibly turned off, although the
> engine sees the host as non-responsive, the VMs that were running on
> it remain on that crashed host, and a question mark (?) appears next
> to them.  Other than checking "highly available", is there another
> step that needs to be made for a VM to be restarted on a working host
> should the host it is running on fail?

Migration does not work when the host crashes. If you have fencing
enabled, the engine can restart the dead host and start the vms on
another host. This works for us. But you have to have power management
for the hosts.
--
Ernest Beinrohr, AXON PRO
Ing <http://www.beinrohr.sk/ing.php>, RHCE