[ovirt-users] Migrating hosts from RHEL6 to RHEL7

matthew lagoe matthew.lagoe at subrigo.net
Thu Aug 20 21:25:01 UTC 2015

It is possible to migrate a VM from 6 to 7 it is recommended however that
you don't do a live migration and that you power off the VM and then turn
it back on on the cluster running version 7

"Groten, Ryan" <Ryan.Groten at stantec.com> wrote:

Has anyone succeeded in upgrading their hosts OS version from 6 to 7?  I
assumed it could be done without downtime and one host at a time, but when
trying it out I found that RHEL7 hosts can't be placed in the same Cluster
as RHEL6 ones.
I then tried making a new Cluster and migrating VMs from the RHEL6 cluster
to RHEL7.  Initial testing seems to show that it works from RHEL6 to RHEL7
but not the other way around.  Also when I select this option a warning
pops up saying "Choosing different cluster may lead to unexpected results.
Please consult documentation."

I looked in the Admin Guide and Technical Reference Guide but don't see
where these unexpected results are mentioned.

Thanks,
Ryan Groten