[ovirt-users] gwt super dev mode

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Thu Dec 17 14:05:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

oVirt UI currently uses GWT SDK version 2.6.1
In GWT 2.6.x "classic" dev mode is still the default one.

We tried to use "super" dev mode some time ago [1] but it
didn't work for us, probably due to using direct-eval RPC
mechanism (we got HTTP 500 responses for RPC requests).

  [1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/26093/

Because "classic" dev mode relies on NPAPI-based browser
plugin, the downside is that developers must use old'ish
browsers that still support NPAPI (Firefox <= 26 etc).

I think we can revisit this and try to experiment with
"super" dev mode as I believe [1] was done in context of
GWT 2.5.x anyway.

Regards,
Vojtech