[ovirt-users] Cannot retrieve answer file from 1st HE host when setting up 2nd host

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Dec 21 08:33:56 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Will Dennis <wdennis at nec-labs.com> wrote:
> FYI, the answer file is located at:
> /var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20151218124259.conf
>
> There are many other answer files in that directory as well from prior unsuccessful runs… Does that matter?

The answerfile is expected to be found in
/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answers.conf .
It's written there upon a successful completion of deploy.

It's also always written to /var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/ .

You can also copy it by yourself to somefile and run:

hosted-engine --deploy --config-append=somefile

But I'd invest some time understanding why scp fails. Might be bad
name resolution?

> On Dec 20, 2015, at 2:51 PM, Will Dennis <wdennis at nec-labs.com<mailto:wdennis at nec-labs.com>> wrote:
>
> OK, thanks to the assist from Joob, I did startup the engine VM, and took it out of maint mode… Then I went to my second oVirt host, and tried “hosted-engine —setup” again, and I’m still getting the error message “Failed to execute stage 'Environment customization': [Errno 2] No such file”
>
> Screen output of the “hosted-engine —setup” run:
> http://ur1.ca/ocr5u
>
> So, I guess that means it can’t find the answer file where it expects it on the first host… What do I do now?
>
> -Will

Didi