[ovirt-users] Power Management config on Ovirt

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 14:12:17 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Renchu Mathew" <renchu at cracknell.com>
> To: "Martin Perina" <mperina at redhat.com>
> Cc: users at ovirt.org
> Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:39:43 PM
> Subject: RE: [ovirt-users] Power Management config on Ovirt
>
> Hi Martin,
>

> Yes. The vdsm host.log is from node-02.

That's strange, I cannot find any call to fenceNode which should appear, if
PM status is gathered.

Eli, any idea?

> I have checked the link and it says
> we need to install the sever view management agent & net-snmp on the hosts.
> Do we need to try this? How to install this on node? I used the below irmc
> admin user.

Not, AFAIK this is needed only from Clustersuite, but not for oVirt.

But could you please execute this command on node-20 just to confirm that
Fujitsu Primergy is communicating through IPMI:

  fence_ipmilan -a IP -l USER -p PASS -o status -v -P

where IP is IPMI address (from the log it should be 192.168.1.114)
USER and PASS please set according to you setup.

Thanks

Martin