[ovirt-users] oVirt management network

René Koch rkoch at rk-it.at
Mon Mar 30 11:14:23 UTC 2015

Hi Bojan,

Did you configure a VLAN tag für your ovirtmgmt interface?

You have to do this in „Data Centers“ – select dc – „Logical Networks“.

Afterwards you should be able to configure network from oVirt webadmin interface again.

Don’t have a test setup with VLAN tags for ovirtmgmt atm, but did this multiple times before…

Regards,

René

 users-bounces at ovirt.org [mailto:users-bounces at ovirt.org]
Im Auftrag von
Bojan Popovic

Gesendet:
 Montag, 30. März 2015 12:15

An:
 users at ovirt.org

Betreff:
 [ovirt-users] oVirt management network

Hello, I am having a strange issue in creating ovirtmgmt bridge over vlan interface.

I have set-up a bond from physical interfaces. On top of a bond there are three VLANs one of which is in ovirtmgmt bridge. I have set it up manually according to
http://www.ovirt.org/Bonding_VLAN_Bridge

Somehow the bond itself is also added to bridge in oVirt web interface, after reboot there also were two added lines to configuration of that bond:

# Generated by VDSM version 4.16.10-8.gitc937927.el7

BRIDGE=ovirtmgmt

No matter how I try to remove the bond from the bridge it doesn't succeed. If I edit the config files manually it isn't replicated to web interface. If I try to detach it from web interface, I can only attach bridge back to the bond interface. Of course configuration cannot be saved until the bridge is attached to an interface.

I have tried putting the host in maintenance mode, shutting down the hosted engine and doing all the changes live.

Anyone has a suggestion how to resolve this?

Thanks.