[ovirt-users] [Spice-devel] Problem with USB redirection

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Tue Mar 31 12:14:28 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Am 25.02.2015 um 09:31 schrieb Christophe Fergeau:

>> The Windows clients have installed Windows 7 Enterprise gets from Windows
>> MSDNAA and it is installed in all machines here in our University.
>>
>> If you need some other information, please, feel free to ask me.
>
> I'm asking about remote-viewer (Windows SPICE client ;). Where did you
> get it from, and what version is it?

I see the same problem. The SPICE-Client ist the latest version from here:

http://virt-manager.org/download/

It's VirtViewer 2.0.256 for Windows and the problem is, that if you try
to connect an USB device you only get an info dialog stating "USB
redirection support not compiled in". This is the same behaviour as in
client version 1.0256.

I guess this feature simply doesn't exist in the Windows client (yet)?

bye,
Uwe