[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] [QE][VOTE][ACTION REQUIRED] oVirt 3.6.0 Alpha release this week

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Wed May 6 11:33:03 UTC 2015

On May 6, 2015 4:47 AM, "Martin Perina" <mperina at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> IMO we should add a warning to release notes that oVirt 3.6 Alpha requires
> OpenJDK 1.7 for engine and it will not work with OpenJDK 1.8 (even though
> our current packaging requirements allows OpenJDK 1.8).

Why is it not considered a bug that our packaging requirements allow a
version of OpenJDK that we know will not work? Fixing the package
requirements to exclude 1.8 would go a long way toward preventing failed
installations (or make failures more obvious).

Is there a bug open to track fixing oVirt to work with OpenJDK 1.8?

-Bob

http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.6_Release_Management#Alpha_Release_Criteria

http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/Publishers/job/publish_ovirt_rpms_nightly_master/