[ovirt-users] adding host in ovirt issues

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 15:11:00 UTC 2015

On 4 Sep 2015, at 16:58, Kyle Bassett wrote:

> I am using Ravellosystems.com - we can emulate SPM (AMD VT version) so you can run real hypervisors in the cloud. Not QEMU emulation.
> But this is the processor version it displays.  It is used for openstack and ESXi a lot - I was hoping I could do the same for ovirt…

well, to libvirt the emulated CPU looks like Athlon which is too old
I doubt it works differently in Openstack…is there any kind of setting which flags are exposed in that VM instance you use as a host?

There is a nestedvt hook which used to be required…but people reported AMD specific issues with that(" [ovirt-users] Nested KVM on AMD")…worth a try though