[ovirt-users] Looking for Python-SDK documentation

Brett I. Holcomb biholcomb at l1049h.com
Mon Apr 11 18:17:20 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-04-11 at 14:38 -0300, Amador Pahim wrote:

On 04/11/2016 02:07 PM, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-04-11 at 17:27 +0200, Frank Thommen wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I'm currently lost at finding any documentation about the Python
> > SDK
> > (http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/infra/pyt
> > hon-sdk/)
> > like provided classes, functions etc..  There are some examples on
> > the
> > mentioned page, but I cannot find a complete documentation.  Our
> > oVirt
> > server is running CentOS 7 with ovirt-engine-sdk-python installed.
> > However there doesn't seem to exist an ovirt-engine-sdk-python-
> > docs
> > package and I couldn't find any appropriate link on the oVirt
> > documentation pages (http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/).
> >
> > Any ideas, where the documentation is available?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Frank
> Other than what you found I found this but that's all.  Doesn't seem
> to be much other than examples an the one that shows what to import.
>  I, too would like to find what your are looking for so I can use
> it.

There is this RHEV documentation that can be helpful:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtua
lization/3.3/html/Developer_Guide/chap-Python_Quick_Start_Example.html

> http://www.ovirt.org/develop/api/pythonapi/

Thanks.  That is helpful but as Frank said it would be nice to have an
api reference for each class and function that gives the parameters,
return values, and other stuff usually found in an API reference.  The
examples are helpful but don't give all the information abut a function
or class.
##SELECTION_END##