[ovirt-users] Educational use case question

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavsky at aconex.com
Thu Apr 14 06:19:11 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

From: "Alex Crow" <acrow at integrafin.co.uk>
To: users at ovirt.org
Sent: Thursday, 14 April, 2016 3:15:44 PM
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Educational use case question

This certainly works. Console can be reached via a browser plugin or
Virt-Viewer (available for Windows). Self-hosted engine is the way to
go, and is production-ready, especially if you want to add more nodes later.

On 14/04/16 03:33, Michael Hall wrote:
> Yes but what about the student sitting on the Windows machine in the
> lab who wants to install and interact with her VM via it's GUI ...
> like is possible in Virtual Machine Manager on RHEL/CentOS 7 ...
> except she'd be doing it remotely via an in-browser console ... like
> Digital Ocean do for example.

I dont think digital ocean is the correct analogy.
As a digital ocean user, I have console in which I can create vms, right? But who installed the virtualization software for that?
If you're thinking of a digital ocean, the analogy should be a provider that exposes ovirt web admin/user portal as management console to its customers.

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information. Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements Ltd.
29 Clement's Lane, London EC4N 7AE. Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300.
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under
number: 3727592). Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority (entered on the Financial Services Register; no. 190856).