[ovirt-users] import qcow2 image to ovirt

Amit Aviram aaviram at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 14:20:12 UTC 2016

It seems like you have an early version of ovirt-4.0, if you'll update your
version it might solve some of your problems (such as the exception in the
screenshot). soon, the size and format will be deduced from the image as
well, so many things will be clearer.

If you want to stay with your version, you'll need to do the following
steps in order to upload the file:
- At the engine's host, yum install ovirt-imageio-proxy
- Then, run engine-setup.
- Add the engine's CA to the Authorities list in your browser. (you can
download it from
https://%your_engine%/ovirt-engine/services/pki-resource?resource=ca-certificate&format=X509-PEM-CA
<https://engineaaviram.usersys.redhat.com:8443/ovirt-engine/services/pki-resource?resource=ca-certificate&format=X509-PEM-CA>
)

regarding the size- you can choose a bigger size than the original file's
size.

Hope that works out for you!