[ovirt-users] import qcow2 image to ovirt

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:39:34 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Amit Aviram <aaviram at redhat.com> wrote:

> It seems like you have an early version of ovirt-4.0, if you'll update
> your version it might solve some of your problems (such as the exception in
> the screenshot). soon, the size and format will be deduced from the image
> as well, so many things will be clearer.
>
> If you want to stay with your version, you'll need to do the following
> steps in order to upload the file:
> - At the engine's host, yum install ovirt-imageio-proxy
> - Then, run engine-setup.
> - Add the engine's CA to the Authorities list in your browser. (you can
> download it from https://%your_engine%/ovirt-engine/services/pki-
> resource?resource=ca-certificate&format=X509-PEM-CA
> <https://engineaaviram.usersys.redhat.com:8443/ovirt-engine/services/pki-resource?resource=ca-certificate&format=X509-PEM-CA>
> )
>
> regarding the size- you can choose a bigger size than the original file's
> size.
>
> Hope that works out for you!

Hello,
I updated both engine and host to 4.0.2 RC4 and during the engine-setup
phase I indeed see this:

          PACKAGE: [install] ovirt-imageio-common-0.3.0-1.el7.noarch
          PACKAGE: [install]
ovirt-imageio-proxy-0.3.0-0.201606191345.git9f3d6d4.el7.centos.noarch
          PACKAGE: [install]
ovirt-imageio-proxy-setup-0.3.0-0.201606191345.git9f3d6d4.el7.centos.noarch

and the configuration preview appeared as

          --== CONFIGURATION PREVIEW ==--

          Default SAN wipe after delete           : False
          Firewall manager                        : firewalld
          Update Firewall                         : True
          Host FQDN                               : ractorshe.mydomain
          Upgrade packages                        : True
          Engine database secured connection      : False
          Engine database host                    : localhost
          Engine database user name               : engine
          Engine database name                    : engine
          Engine database port                    : 5432
          Engine database host name validation    : False
          DWH database secured connection         : False
          DWH database host                       : localhost
          DWH database user name                  : ovirt_engine_history
          DWH database name                       : ovirt_engine_history
          DWH database port                       : 5432
          DWH database host name validation       : False
          Engine installation                     : True
          PKI organization                        : mydomain
          DWH installation                        : True
          Backup DWH database                     : True
          Engine Host FQDN                        : ractorshe.mydomain
          Configure VMConsole Proxy               : True
          Configure WebSocket Proxy               : True

Should I have seen anything related to image proxy in engine-setup
configuration preview above?

The version installed is:
ovirt-imageio-proxy-0.3.0-0.201606191345.git9f3d6d4.el7.centos.noarch

I don't get anymore the exception in the GUI but again the upload goes into
paused mode as soon as it starts

I see that part of the new package there is also a service

[root at ractorshe log]# systemctl status ovirt-imageio-proxy.service
● ovirt-imageio-proxy.service - oVirt ImageIO Proxy
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/ovirt-imageio-proxy.service;
disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
[root at ractorshe log]#

Do I have to enable and start it?
What TCP ports does the upload use? Does the client communicate with the
engine or directly with the host?

Thanks,
Gianluca