[ovirt-users] Importing VM from Xen Server 6.5

Shahar Havivi shavivi at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 06:50:53 UTC 2016

On 10.08.16 19:40, Anantha Raghava wrote:
> Hello Richard / Shahar,
>
> I installed and enabled nc on Xen Server host. Now the " ...... sh: nc:
> command not found: Input/output error" is gone. Communication is
> established. However I am still getting two specific errors:
>
> VDSM ovirt_engine command failed: End of file while reading data: :
> Input/Output error
>
> &
>
> Failed to retrieve VMs Information from the external server
> xen+ssh://root@192.168.1.40
>
> I am receiving the same error when I run virsh -c
> xen+ssh://root@192.168.1.40
>
> Screen shot is attached for quick reference.
>
> Is it something to do with firewall / ip tables on xen server or libvirtd
> host?
Hi,
You don't need to try it on oVirt when 'virsh -c' doesn't work since oVirt try
to connect via libvirt libraries (same as virsh) before it called virt-v2v.

Did you follow all the steps in the wiki?
Are you able to ssh to the Xen server from the vdsm machine that you try to
run virsh without password? (ssh root at 192.168.1.40)