[ovirt-users] ovirt hosted-engine deploy never works

Osvaldo ALVAREZ POZO alvarez at xtra-mail.fr
Wed Aug 31 10:27:15 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am trying to deploy ovirt hosted-engine (over iscsi, i do not have NFS) from cockpit web interface.
I have:
-1 ovirt-node (ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-4.0-2016062412)
-le rpm for the appliance ovirt-engine-appliance-4.0-20160819.1.el7.centos.noarch

I have four network nics let's say nic1, nic2, nic3 and nic4. I use nic3 and nic4 for ISCSi
I have the ovirt-node ip on nic1.

Any time I try to deploy ovirt hosted engine from ovirt-node cockpit interface the result is the same, I receive a "time out message", and the ovirt-node cockpit web interface does not work anymore.

The documentation does not talk about network card requirement I do not know where to look.

should I use nic2 instead of nic1 when deploying hosted-engine?

Any advice?

Thanks

Inle