[ovirt-users] Set default console in oVirt 3.6 (NoVNC VS. Native)

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Wed Feb 10 12:26:16 UTC 2016

Hi Michal,

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 12:04:44PM +0100, Michal Skrivanek wrote:
> what do you mean ???forces????
> you should be able to switch to cirrus (which forces vnc) or even use just
> the vnc on qxl

on the affected VMs the following error occurs when trying to start them:

Error while executing action:
Cannot run VM. Selected display type is not supported by the operating system.

This is the case on VMs with Operating System set to "Other OS" and Video Type
set to "CIRRUS".

PLEASE NOTE that this only occurs on my "old" VMs (that have been available
*before* upgrading from oVirt 3.5.x to 3.6.x). When creating new VMs this
actually does work as expected. So I assume this is an upgrade issue in oVirt
3.6.x.

Regards
- Frank