[ovirt-users] Move from Gluster to NFS

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 08:29:02 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Yaniv Dary <ydary at redhat.com> wrote:

> Adding Sandro and Didi might be able to give more detailed flow to do this.

please add Simone, Martin and Roy too when it's HE related.

> Yaniv Dary
> Technical Product Manager
> Red Hat Israel Ltd.
> 34 Jerusalem Road
> Building A, 4th floor
> Ra'anana, Israel 4350109
>
> Tel : +972 (9) 7692306
>         8272306
> Email: ydary at redhat.com
> IRC : ydary
>

> On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 7:12 PM, Christophe TREFOIS <
> christophe.trefois at uni.lu> wrote:
>
>> Is there a reason why this is not possible?
>>

>> Can I setup a second host in the engine cluster and move the engine with
>> “storage” to that host?
>>

>> So, what you would recommend is:
>>

>> 1.       Move all VMs from engine host to another Host
>>
>> 2.       Setup NFS on the empty HE host
>>
>> 3.       Shutdown the HE, and disable HA-proxy and agent
>>
>> 4.       Re-deploy the engine and restore from backup the HE
>>
>> 5.       Enjoy ?
>>

>> Thank you for any help on this,
>>
>> I really don’t want to end up with broken environment J

We're discussing this kind of migrations with storage guys. We haven't a
supported procedure to do this yet.
Above procedure should work except that if you're going to re-use the first
host you'll need to remove it from the engine before trying to attach it
again from he-setup.

>> Kind regards,
>>

>> --
>>
>> Christophe