[ovirt-users] OVirt Node / RHEV-H and Multiple NICs/bond

Christopher Young mexigabacho at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 19:41:52 UTC 2016

Thanks for the advice.  This DID work, however I've run into more
(what I consider to be) ridiculousness:

Running hosted-engine setup seems to assume that the host is not
already added to the Default cluster (had an issue previously where I
had renamed the cluster and that messed up the hosted-engine setup
since it appears to look for 'Default' as a cluster name - that seems
like something it should query for vs. assuming it never changed in my
view).

So, since I've added the host already (in order to get storage NICs
configured and be able to get to my storage in order to get to the
hosted engine's VM disk), it won't allow me to add hosted engine to
this node.  This is not a good experience for a customer in my view.
If the host has already been added, then a simple prompt that asks if
that is the case should suffice.

Please don't take my comments as anything more than a customer
experience and not just hateful complaints.  I genuinely believe in
this product, but things like this are VERY common in the enterprise
space and could very well scare off people who have used product where
this process is significantly cleaner.

We need to be able to create storage NICs prior to hosted-engine
setup.  And what's more is that we need to KNOW to not add a node to
the engine if you intend to run a hosted engine on it (and thus allow
the hosted engine setup to add the node to the DC/cluster/etc.).  That
should be very, very clear.

Thanks,

Chris