[ovirt-users] virt-in-virt problem: DHCP failing for a container in a oVirt VM

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 7 16:04:58 UTC 2016

On 7-6-2016 16:34, Will Dennis wrote:
> Oops, missed that comment...
>
> When I try an operation with virsh, it asks me for credentials that it doesn't accept...
>
> [root at ovirt-node-03 ~]# virsh list
> Please enter your authentication name: root
> Please enter your password:
> error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
> error: no valid connection
> error: authentication failed: authentication failed
>
> I have tried both 'root' (as above) as well as my credentials I use with oVirt (AD auth), but neither work.

'virsh -r dumpxml' should work without being asked for passwords :-)
Probably most commands that only gets info will work with '-r' (readonly)

Searching the wild world web for virsh ovirt should give you a couple of
old ML entries with an account and password, or set your own. Sorry for
not giving you more explicit urls/pointers.

Joop