[ovirt-users] RHEV-M installation failure

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 06:24:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 1:15 AM, Grant Lowe <glowe at verimatrix.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I’m trying to install an RHEV-M image on an RHEV-V hypervisor.

Please be more specific about what you want to do. What guide are you
following?

What's "RHEV-V"?

> When I do,
> the installation finishes with this error:

[snip]
> 2016-06-14 15:00:21 ERROR otopi.plugins.ovirt_hosted_engine_setup.core.misc
> misc._terminate:170 Hosted Engine deployment failed: this system is not
> reliable, please check the issue, fix and redeploy

This means you are trying to deploy a hosted-engine. Is that what you want?

This error is not enough to understand what failed.

> 2016-06-14 15:00:21 DEBUG otopi.plugins.otopi.dialog.human
> dialog.__logString:219 DIALOG:SEND                 Log file is located at
> /var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup-20160614145427-u8mxun.log

Please check above log and/or post a link to it.

If you can't understand yourself the error from checking this file, it's
quite likely we won't either - in that case, please check/post also vdsm
logs, perhaps engine logs (from the engine vm).

> So what do I need to do? I’m new to the whole oVirt world. So any and all
> help is appreciated.

Welcome and good luck!
--
Didi