[ovirt-users] VDI experience to share?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:20:30 UTC 2016

Il 15/Giu/2016 17:29, "Giorgio Bersano" <giorgio.bersano at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> > Do you have a requirement for 3d acceleration on the VDI guests?
>
> On the first deployment no, it is basically for frontend and backend
> office activity.
> But we would probably also asked to try it for multimedia activities
> like casual guests watching internet videos at the local public
> library.
> So two different kind of devices, I suppose.
>
> Anything to suggest?
>
> Thank you,
> Giorgio.

Why not a nuc, or similar device from other vendors that are emerging?
I don't know for the lan security part, but you can find a nuc5cpyh with
celeron or nuc5ppyh with pentium respectively at 140 and 170 euros. Both
have 6w tdp.
You have to add at least memory but with further 20 euros you get 4gb.
Disk optional, you can use sdxc or boot from lan....
Just a suggestion for further investigation.
I'm currently using a top line nuc6 as an hypervisor without any problem
with 3-4 vms, so I think a bottom line nuc can serve optimally as a thin
client without its costs.
Some of them have also Kensington anti theft that can be a good idea due to
their size.
Hih,
Gianluca