[ovirt-users] VDI experience to share?

Giorgio Bersano giorgio.bersano at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:50:03 UTC 2016

> Why not a nuc, or similar device from other vendors that are emerging?
> I don't know for the lan security part, but you can find a nuc5cpyh with
> celeron or nuc5ppyh with pentium respectively at 140 and 170 euros. Both
> have 6w tdp.
> You have to add at least memory but with further 20 euros you get 4gb.
> Disk optional, you can use sdxc or boot from lan....
> Just a suggestion for further investigation.
> I'm currently using a top line nuc6 as an hypervisor without any problem
> with 3-4 vms, so I think a bottom line nuc can serve optimally as a thin
> client without its costs.
> Some of them have also Kensington anti theft that can be a good idea due to
> their size.
> Hih,
> Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,
we were looking for a  prepackaged solution because of the lack of
human resources to devote to the project.
But if pursuing this research becomes too exhausting we would probably
develop a linux solution and in that case the kind of terminal you
suggested is interesting indeed.

Thanks,
Giorgio.