[ovirt-users] Is oVirt 3.6 with GlusterFS 3.7 recommended for production usage?

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 07:15:55 UTC 2016

On 06/24/2016 11:25 AM, Dewey Du wrote:
> I prefer deploying as a hyperconverged setup, but it is still under
> experiment, right?

Hyperconverged deployment with oVirt and Gluster has been tested and is
currently offered as a preview feature with guidance on do's/don'ts &
recommended gluster volume settings. We're working on enhancing this
further to make it easier to setup, integrate better in the oVirt UI in 4.1

> So I try to separate vm service and storage. I added new storage
> domain( Domain Type "Data", Storage Type "GlusterFS", Use Host
> "host-01". But then I can't add another new storage domain( Domain
> Type "Data", Storage Type "GlusterFS", Use Host "host-02"). The input
> field "path" is unwritable (gray) on the Popup New Domain Window.
>
> My question is, should we add a new storage domain for each ovirt-node?

No, you dont need to.
This seems like a bug in the Create storage domain UI. Does refreshing
your browser fix the greyed-out input field? Any errors seen in engine logs?