[ovirt-users] Slow after add 2 Nic

Taste-Of-IT kontakt at taste-of-it.de
Tue Mar 8 10:33:47 UTC 2016

Hello,
i simply add the nic and i think CentOS configure these by itself. Ok, i
can change that. Short to my intentions. I want to use nic1 for my lan
and nic2 for the wan route into the internet. in ovirt i want to install
a firewall and configure both nics, nic for lan and nic2 for wan. in the
other vm's i want to install only nic1 as bridge and configure the
firwall as gateway which also service the dhcp. at all it must be safe
that the vms cant break out of this and go around the firewall. so as i
understand i would do this:
- set in centos nic1 as default gatway wich has 192.168.0.1 as gateway
- set in centos nic2 without default route
- add in ovirt a new network / nic
- create the vm for the firwall and assign nic1 and nic2
- in the other vms i would only assign nic1

is that the way to do or what do you think?
thx
Taste