[ovirt-users] Hosted-engine-Issue

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun May 1 06:02:10 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Budur Nagaraju <nbudoor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have created vms  in the vmware  ESXi.

Please verify first that your infrastructure works well.

Create a new VM in your ESXi, install same OS as your host (centos7?),
create a KVM VM there and install on it same OS as your engine VM (centos6?),
make sure you can ping and ssh in both directions, ping the gateway
from both, etc.

If your host was itself an oVirt host, to do what you try to do, you had
to enable mac spoofing. No idea what's required for ESXi.

Best,

> Thanks,
> Nagaraju
>

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Budur Nagaraju <nbudoor at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > HI
>> >
>> > I thought Its promiscuous mode issue ,after reboot of engine unable to
>> > reach
>> > again ? is there anyways to resolve ?
>>
>> Are you using a nested env?
>>
>> > Thanks,